Wednesday 13 August 2014

I like turtles.

Today, I galloped down the hallway, loudly clicking my tongue to make the sound of hooves.
When I got to the end, I let out a a high pitched NEEEEEEEIGH!

Shortly after, it clicked. 

That's why my son is so weird.

How could I expect anything else?

Being silly on Daddy's shoulders.
Then I began thinking about the many moments of strange behaviour that go on in this house.

Marty and I have recently taught Eli the Ferris Beuller's Day off BOW WOW, Chicka-chickaaa sound effect. He does a tickatickeee sound. We are SO proud each time, it's a little pathetic.

My Mum asked me Shouldn't you teach him something useful!?
My response Isn't that useful!?


I'm serious.


My Dad has taught me many interesting lessons and phrases throughout the years. I believe that they've made me a better person. And a better Mother. (A fun one anyway!)

Crawling around with Poppy.
Wise words from my Dad include (but are not limited to):

You can fart five times before you shit yourself. - Extremely valuable.
Is that your head, or are you wearing it for a bet? - Great insult for people I don't like.
Don't talk to common people. Oh, Dad.

The things our parents 'teach' us are so important.
It's the funny quotes, silly games and interesting stories that'll remain in our memories.




My thought? Let go of worrying about what children need to know - and just give them your time. They'll learn anyway!


2 comments:

  1. Perfect! There's already too much second guessing in this parenting business. Too much sleep?! Not enough sleep!? More food?! Less food?! Tv or no tv?! More tummy time?! Giving love and spending time is the perfect way to parent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no better gift than your time <3

    "To be in your child's memories tomorrow, you need to be in their life today".

    Here's to being a slightly wacky, fun loving mum...just a few memorable things hubby and I have taught our children...

    Belly bongos (play the bongos on their bellies while singing a little tune)
    Crunking (especially to really old skool songs)
    Words such as...man, cool, dude, totes, seriously

    My girls are going far in this world with that knowledge! ;)

    ReplyDelete