Sunday 6 July 2014

Just be silly and have fun.

A friend sent me this quote last night: -


"Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you're 65, or 75,
 and you never got your memoir or novel written; 
or you didn't go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years, 
because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfy tummy; 
or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big, juicy, creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space, like when you were a kid? It's going to break your heart. Don't let this happen."

- Anne Lamott

This quote spoke to me. It made a few things click.

Why am I focusing on all of the things I should be/or not be doing?

My weight? Who cares... Let's go swimming!

Why didn't I dance at my beautiful friend Renae's wedding? I'm sure the crowd would have loved my kangaroo, shopping trolley and whipper snipper moves on the dance floor.

I am anxious day and night about things I cannot change.

What if I wake up one day and ask myself  "What have you done with your life? Have you lived?"

I don't ever want to ask myself that question. I want to be too busy living life, to have time to question it.


I'm going to just be silly and have fun.

That's all.

5 comments:

  1. Best quote ;) Lets just not care coz it sounds a whole lot better than stressing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best quote i've ever heard is this: "Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice. Take off your pants and slide on the ice". Sound like that one is right up your alley hehehe
    Anyway, nice to "meet" you. I'm a new blogger myself, so please come and visit me over at http://onesixzeros.com :) hope to chat one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! A big juicy creative life - with a big comfy tummy and jiggly thighs - right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing! I'm going to join you in the journey of fun and silliness! All in the name of living (and loving)! xx

    ReplyDelete