Tuesday 22 July 2014

Dear Time.


Dear Time,

I wish you'd stop sometimes. I just wish you'd atleast slow the hell down! I mean, c'mon - how come when my son has a 3 hour nap and I'm enjoying some me time, suddenly all the time is gone and he's awake again.
Yet, when it's 5:15, he's just finished dinner & we've got bathtime in 15 minutes, it feels like the day will never end!


I want you to slow down, so I don't miss the little smiles and giggles. The steps, the cuddles and all of the funny little drunk-baby-german words. (My latest favourite is "Tisses" - followed by a sloppy, open mouthed 'Waaaaaaah") It feels like, one minute, I was holding a tiny, sweet boy in my arms. As his little chest rose and fell, over and over - I thought those moments could last forever. Now, I'm struggling to button up clothes around his chubby, pre-walker legs. His alien-sized melon, doesn't fit hats anymore, and the beanies just squeeze over. That cheeky grin shows me he's still that same sweet boy, he's just not so tiny.

How'd that happen!?

How'd the past year become a blur?

So, write back and sort this out please. Give me a plan. How do I make these moments pause for a bit?

Yours,

Annoyed.

Bianca


P.S. Do you know the guy who grows money trees?


 Linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. It goes way too fast. I look at my youngest now a teenager and can still recall so many baby moments and wonder where did the time go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time isn't my friend either so I doubt he will help u out as a favour to me! I can however vouch that you get to a point when you arent longing for the day to end that space between dinner bath and bed gets shorter and shorter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby turns 4 on Tuesday. I have no idea how that happened! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is something that can not be tamed!
    I look at my precious girls growing up so quickly and wish for moments that have passed but I can never get them back. Ever. I'm trying to learn to focus on what is happening right now while fondly keeping the moments that have passed as memories in my heart. Cherishing every one xx

    ReplyDelete