Saturday 26 July 2014

Failing at food.

I will admit right now. I thought I had this 'solids' thing all worked out. Notice the past tense?

 I saw this today....


Oh, no. That's just what is going on here.


It all started so wonderfully. Eli would eat anything. Everything I served up, he demolished. I thought, WOOH! This is fun!


I cooked for him.

He loved it.

I let him get messy.

He loved it.



Then the sleeping stopped. The precious nights of precious sleep, they were gone! I pushed through for a month, before seeking medical advice.

Hello Lactose intolerance. *insert forehead slap*

What now!?

Lactose-free formula, cheese & yoghurt. Scanning packages for ingredients. Only after realising that explosive bouts of diarroeah were due to eating things he shouldn't!

Phew, sleep came back.

Gradually, food variety decreased.

His appetite decreased.

Tonsilitis. Antibotics.  2 weeks later. Ear infection. Antibiotics.  
Bye-bye sleep!

I feel like a failure. He hasn't eaten a vegetable knowingly, in at least a week! (thank goodness for thermomix vegie hiding)

I will soldier on. He will get better.

And maybe, when he is well for more than a few weeks at a time, I won't have a fussy eater anymore?

Pleeeeeeease....?


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a toddler on your hands! :)
    He will get well and he will eat again...that I can promise you!
    For now, just know that I think you're doing an amazing job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm cheese! Thats all xo

    ReplyDelete