Monday 28 July 2014

I must confess: Green-eyed-puppy daydreams.

I must confess - I daydream quite a bit....and not in a cool Nina Proudman kind of way.
Allow me to share the back story of one particular day dream.

Every afternoon, my two fur babies play together in the backyard.

They are hilarious to watch. Ruby, with whatever toy she can find, growling and poking Possum with it. Possum takes the bait and attacks her, playfully.



They are off in their own little world, full of joy!

It's funny that only yesterday, I noticed the dogs that live either side of our place, barking. They barked and jumped accusing my dogs of having too much fun. They were essentially being the fun police. This got me thinking.

Do my dogs know just how lucky they are? Are they rubbing it in the other dog's faces?



Then my imagination ran wild, as it often does.



Scene opens in backyard -
*Ruby walks down the back steps and turns to Possum.*
Ruby: "Yo, Poss. Let's go eat our breakfast right next to the fence. We can see how annoyed that big dog gets."
Possum: "Awesome idea Ruby!" 
*Both carry their morning chicken neck to the fence, eating with their bums in the air, rear ends facing the other dog, through the fence.*
Dog next door: "Woof. Woof. Woof."




Dogs can't talk, Bianca. You idiot.





I think they know just what they're doing.










Linking up with:

I Must Confess

2 comments:

  1. Dogs can talk. Seriously. Polly is always gossiping down at the back corner of the yard about the dogs next door to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally imagine Ruby and Possum stirring the dogs next door! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete