Monday 17 November 2014

Christmas Gift Guide for an 18month old.

Christmas.

It's everywhere right now.
Seriously. Everywhere.

I am not a Grinch. I'm not. Maybe I just don't love it the way others do?

But when Christmas starts in October, or sometimes earlier, it kind of drives me crazy.

We're having a massive holiday/get together this year with my side of the family. I remember when we first started organising, making calls, discussing details. It all seemed like it was going to be SO much fun.

Now it's getting closer, I'm having second thoughts.

Toddler on my hip,  I ponder. Camping? With a mobile human? By the water? And road?
Am I going to get any sleep at all? Probably not. Will I be constantly chasing my running, outdoorsy kid away from the water and roads? Yes. And when I'm not, thankfully my husband and family will do it for me.

 
This time last year. My innocent, clean little bundle!

Then I asked myself... Will he have the time of his life?

Yes. I do not doubt that our dirty, loud, cheeky son, will have the most amazing time.





I have also started thinking about what we should get him for Christmas. I don't think he'll really know what is going on Christmas Day. I'm sure he'll be excited, but he does get excited over having his shoes put on. So it should be quite the happy occasion.

Here is my list of possible ideas. Shall we call it Christmas Gift Guide for an 18month old? Perhaps I should say 18 month old boy? Although that seems a little off in my books.

The filthy 'Cyclone Eli'

- Gravel. In any container. Preferably with dirt on it.
- Mud. Just mud.
- Dry dog food and an empty cereal box.
- An ice cream container of pegs.
- Some kind of smart phone/ipad/mp3 player. (has to be in working order, or it'll be no fun at all to smash)
- Bottles of water, with loosely tightened lids, all sitting on clean carpet.
- Power cords.
- Old shovel.
- A banana.
- Old shoes. Lots of them.


I think that just about covers it.


What are you planning on getting your children for Christmas? 





9 comments:

  1. Ha!
    I love your list!
    The way things start so early just makes me want to throw away the TV and withdraw from the world. Life is fast enough without preparing for any commercial event 10 months away which seems to be the way we are heading! Babies are so cheap - got to love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so true :) Love the age when everything is simple and not influenced by advertising, TV and the playground. Give me that list over TMNT and Transformers anyday!!!!
    Hello from #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup :) my kids would appreciate that list! Enjoy camping.
    Dani @ sand has no home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds like a perfect little person Christmas!
    I wonder if it would work on my eleven year old...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list is spot on! my 13mth old son would go crazy for that list. I just read there is only 5 more Fridays till Christmas, kinda scared me! It comes around so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true!! I will have a 6 month old and she will have no idea what's going on! I can't believe how fast this year has gone and that Christmas is literally so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am biting my tongue as I have ranty blog post in my head about this very subject!!
    Basically this year my kids 5,3,1 are getting some small bits I have grabbed through the year (the big boys asked for a watch and the baby is getting his own tonka) and the rest of the presents are for all of us like soccer goal posts and a globe. I am over how wanting (if that is a word!!) my children are, it drives me nuts!!
    Your list sounds perfect, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG yes - so much!! I have a 2.5 year old so I have VERY strong memories of that age bracket.

    ReplyDelete