Sunday 29 June 2014

No.

My son has been a babbler/talker since about 4 months, when he first uttered 'Mumumumum'. I was thrilled the first time I heard it. And SO excited that Mum beat Dad. (I'm competitive like that)

Over the past 11 & 3/4 months, I have heard many strange drunk-baby-German words come out of his mouth. I've also heard some real ones.

One of those words, is 'No.' It's THE word at the moment.

He has a special serious face for this word. It's his favourite. It serves many purposes.
An example of our conversation this morning:

Me: "Good morning Bubby!!"
Eli: "No."
Me: "I love you too! Oh, I smell a poo! Did you do a poo?"
Eli: "Ma, muggie. No."
*insert horrifying morning nappy change*
Change scene. Loungeroom.
Me: "Are you hungry?"
Eli: "No"
Me: "Ok, well I'll go make your weetbix"
Eli: "No no no no no"
*eats weetbix in record time*

This is my translation of the conversation:

Me: "Good morning Bubby!!"
Eli: "Hi Mum, I love you so!"
Me: "I love you too! Oh, I smell a poo! Did you do a poo?"
Eli: "Actually, yes. And I'm quite uncomfortable. Could you change me please?"
*insert horrifying morning nappy change*
Change scene. Loungeroom.
Me: "Are you hungry?"
Eli: "Yes. My tummy has been grumbling for hours."
Me: "Ok, well I'll go make your weetbix"
Eli: "Excellent. I'll just wait here while you do that."

It appears I am dillusional. But I swear "No" definitely means way more than it should, with this child.

What word did your baby say first? Which is their favourite now? If you have older kids, what's their favourite phrase/question?



4 comments:

  1. Billy was a 'dada' boy he now loves to screech 'Ziiiiaaaaa', Zoey also said 'Dad' first and now loves to say ' I want a....', Ziva said ' hello' then 'mum' and now is queen of the random fact! I love Eli's No its too funny :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Billy says his sister's name! That's SO cute!!

      It's so funny. We can't wait for them to talk, then suddenly they're talking away all the time!

      Delete
  2. Eli's no is one of my most favourite sounds at the moment! Roo's first word was "Boo". As in Boob. Closely followed by Mum and then Star AND ONLY THEN Dad.
    The boys were Mumma's and Nono's the whole way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boobs rock!! Hahaha. Boooooob. Gorgeous things. ;)

      Delete