Tuesday 24 June 2014

It's Groundhog Day!

I am slowly waking up. Everything is still fuzzy. My eyes are too heavy to keep open for very long.
I hear 'do do do weeeeeeeeeee no no no' followed by *bang bang bang* on the adjoining wall to the Bubbin's room. 

I pull on whatever clothes are on the floor, because it's FREEZING in our house. Clean clothes are a waste with a baby who must feed himself weetbix.
As I open his door I get an excited squeal and a "NOOGIE!", which in drunk baby German means
"I love you!", or possibly "I've just shit myself".  Normally I'd be very excited and giggling away with all the cute, but I smell something that makes me not feel so hot. OH GAWD. What does this kid eat, while I'm not looking?


Dealt with that, all clean. 
We wander out of his room, Bubbin bopping away in my arms, excited to give his sleeping Daddy several good slaps across the face. This is also a drunk baby German gesture meaning 'I think you're swell', at least we hope.

And the day has officially begun. Like in the movie Groundhog Day, this is almost exactly what happens each morning. With some other drunk baby German in there somewhere. And most likely some spew.

I've always disliked the idea of routine and ritual. Until I became a mum. Now it's the only thing that gets me by.
It's those face slapping moments. Not the poo though. I could do without that.


   
                               





3 comments:

  1. I feel like this every morning - Is it really happening again? Didn't we just do this? But alas, it continues and most days there's no where else I'd rather be than living my own Groundhog Day with my bubbas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best kind of Groundhog day! :) beautifully said, T.

      Delete
  2. Oh,. So very very true! I cherish those moment when clean clothes are put on,. Especially after a shower!

    That clean feeling never lasts long though with the outflow of vomit, and of course poop that comes oozing or sometimes exploding upon the clean! My washing machine is now my most precious electrical household item!

    As for the German language,.. I must say how impressed I am with your bilingual child. Maybe try introducing new languages because it would make Groundhog Day more interesting if you walked to his room and were greeted with a heavy, French accent~ "bonjour" (YES! Being greeted with a "bonjour" whilst holding a plate of fresh, warm croissants would definitely be a nice change from the usual Groundhog Day!!)

    ReplyDelete