Friday 1 August 2014

Good-bye Sugar: A letter to my cravings.

Sugar. I'm sorry. I really am.

But I've decided that you're not a good friend to have. You bring out the worst in me.

You're the first I'm telling about this, so I'd like you to keep it from grains and dairy, until I get a chance to chat to legumes. It's a tough thing I'm doing here, but I know you'll all understand, once these 30 days are up.

You have been there for me, many, many times. It's often you and grains that get me through a long day at work, a headache, or a bad night with Eli. But I can't keep using you like this! You deserve better. I deserve better. It's time for change.

Today, is the first day. It's the first of many in a new way of viewing food.

Eating when I'm sad? No more.
When I'm angry, tired or bored? 
NO. MORE.

I'm cutting you off.

I'm cutting you off until I learn to live without you, then maybe. Maybe, you can come back.
Not the way you're here now.

In a healthy, normal-portion-size-occasional-eating kinda way.

Now, I'm happy to let legumes know, cause we're not that close, but I'm a little too scared to tell grains and dairy myself. So, if you could do it, I'd really appreciate it. Tell dairy I am just devastated it has come to this. Especially cheese.

Cheers for that Sugar. I really am sorry.

Talk to you soon. Or not so soon.

Bianca


Day 1 - So what's the big deal?

Today is the first day of my first attempt at the Whole30. (I say first attempt, because a lot of people do it more than once!)

I am feeling positive about killing the hold my cravings have on me and my energy levels. I used to think I did not have any cravings, then I took a look at what I was eating to keep myself awake, entertained, or from crying!

I choose unhealthy food.

I love healthy food. I just don't choose it.

Now I'm forced to.

Wish me luck.

It's going to be rough.

Linking up with:


8 comments:

  1. Hang in there Bianca... you're a braver soul than I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt I could do it, sugar seems to be my weakness at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely mine and I'm sick of it!

      Delete
  3. I did a 2 month stint on The Candida diet at the end of last year and felt like absolute crap for quite a while and then plateaued and felt fantastic. It's amazing how addicted our bodies are to sugar. It is just like crack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it. It can be done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! You're so strong, I know you'll make it! x

    ReplyDelete